ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
WOODBURY CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Elementary Education Endorsement or eligibility 2. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods 3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment 4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills 5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal/Designated Administrator
SUPERVISES: Pupils and, when assigned, student teachers/interns
JOB GOAL: To provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain positive, productive professional relationships with parents and other staff members.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
3. Sets specific objectives in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
4. Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
5. Maintains records of pupils’ educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
6. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and remediating learning problems.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
8. Budgets class time effectively to maximize instructional time.
9. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
10. Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
11. Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
12. Provides, under certain situations, home instruction materials and assignments to confined pupils.
13. Maintains professional competence and seeks continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
14. Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
15. Contributes to and supports school sponsored student and parent activities beyond the classroom.
16. Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
17. Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
18. Plans and directs the role of any aide or assistant assigned to the class.
19. Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be determined by the board of education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with state law, administrative code, and provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.
Approved: August 25, 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,907.00 – $96,928.00 per year
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Woodbury, NJ 08096: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Teaching Certification in the state of New Jersey? (Required)
Work Location: In person
$56,019.60 a year General Description: The teacher is responsible for planning and delivering educational services to YES House clients and...Apply For This Job
The Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor of Nursing, holds a faculty appointment and has academic, service, and scholarship responsibilities consistent...Apply For This Job
Job ID 266648 Location Georgia Gwinnett College Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary Regular About Us Since our founding in 2005, Georgia...Apply For This Job
$10 – $11 an hour Join our team and make a difference in the lives of children! Christian daycare/childcare center...Apply For This Job
TITLE: SOCIAL SCIENCE TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS: Appropriate Massachusetts A bachelor’s degree with a major in history or one of the social...Apply For This Job
$30 an hour Join the team! 1 to 1 Tutoring is the largest and fastest-growing tutoring company in Arizona. We...Apply For This Job