Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential. LI is seeking to hire either a Director or Dean of Specialized Instruction for the 2024/2025 academic year. This position would have an effective date of August 12, 2024, be full time, and report directly to the Head of School.
This position would be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Special Education department.
– Develop and implement department goals annually
– Meet with Directors and LEA Representatives from sending districts regularly
– Supervise and evaluate Special Educators, Instructional Assistants, Home School Coordinator, School Based Clinician, Speech Language Pathologist, 504 Coordinator
– Create schedules, teaching assignments, meet individually, etc
– Meet regularly with Head of School
– Work closely with Admissions Department and others to transition prospective students
– Facilitate department meetings, creating agenda and generating notes
– Monitor special education compliance
– Member of Academic Council
– Contact person for SLP, VocRehab, HSC, PT/OT any other service providers??
– Prepare contracts and billing protocols for specialized instruction
– Develop and oversee departmental budgets
To qualify for the Director role a candidate must hold a Vermont Special Education Directors License and hold a Leadership Endorsement
To qualify for the Dean role a candidate must hold a Vermont Special Education License
All candidates must have an advanced degree in Special Education, Superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, Significant experience in teaching and academic leadership, and a Commitment to teamwork and cooperative leadership
Tagged as: dean, director, special education
Job Description Job Title Position Title: Principal Accountant – Grant Accounting Location: Office of Finance Salary Range: $75,251 – $96,237...Apply For This Job
$69,000 a year Overview: Job Title: Special Education Teacher Salary: Starting salary with 3 years of Special Education teaching experience,...Apply For This Job
Full-time Faculty Positions Full-time faculty positions will be posted on a per-opening basis. Postings are organized by college/school and department....Apply For This Job
Description Job Overview The Principal will define the vision and mission of the school, provide strong educational leadership to ensure...Apply For This Job
$20 – $35 an hour About Skillit: Skillit is a pioneering Edutainment platform that combines learning with entertainment, offering families...Apply For This Job
Serve as a case manager for students identified as special needs, including writing and updating Individual Learning Plans. Through a...Apply For This Job